Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Here I Go!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for the past couple of months, and I'm just going to take the plunge!

I begin amidst much chaos in our lives. We have a very active 16 month old boy, we sold our home in May and have been living with my parents, we are traveling with our son to Ireland on Friday (it's his first flight), and when we return we settle on our new home. How's that for complete nuttiness??

So right now I'm trying not to think too much about our trip. Tadhg (Irish for Timothy, pronounced TYG) hasn't been much for flexibility when it comes to being off schedule and doing overnights. He's like clockwork with naptimes and bedtimes and totally prefers his crib to the carseat or stroller. We worked really hard on the sleep training. Mind you, he's not always sleeping through the night, but there's usually no screaming while falling asleep. So it should be very interesting to not be able to use our normal bathtime routine and take this sleepytime in the air! The less I think about it the less stress I feel. My husband and I are not expecting much on this trip. He's just happy to not have to work and I will be happy to have extra hands to give me a little break. His family will be joining us on the trip so that will be nice.

We have our own house the first week of our trip which I'm looking forward to the most - whether Tadhg sleeps or not - having space to ourselves for seven days will be like Heaven! Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, the extra help, and all they are doing for us, but I'm MAXED out!! I'm starting to get cranky and I just want to be in my own place again!!

No comments: