Sunday, August 12, 2007

We Survived!!!

Well, we got home yesterday, and we survived. Tadhg was actually a great little traveler - better than we could have ever expected. We gave him some Benydryl on the ride over and he slept for about 2-3 hours. I was even able to eat while he slept! Shocker!! He adjusted really quickly to the time change. He took a little snooze on the two hour drive from the airport to Killarney. He went to bed early without a single peep, and slept until 10:30 am. We had to wake him up! He was so tired and seemed like he could have slept even longer. He went down for his nap like a champ and we just went on from there. By the third day he was up at his normal time and down for his naps and bedtime at his normal time, too. He woke up a few times after he went down at night, but nothing major and no sleepless nights.
We had a relaxing time just being disconnected. It was definately a different vacation, as we weren't out at the pubs or taking long excursions. We just did some little trips nearby and worked around the naps. It was enjoyable and Tadhg really seemed to love his time there. I almost think he was a little Irish man in a past life! He slept great, loved being outside, rain or shine, had a voracious appetite, and went nuts for the sheep and cows. We went to a great petting zoo where the animals were just roaming around, as were the children. Tadhg was in his glory, that little animal lover! He kissed a baby goat right on the month. (not sure that's really sanitary, but what are you going to do?) We also, went to his great-grandfather's farm and he loved running and falling in the fields. I think he would be a great farmer!! I will have to post some pictures once I figure out how!! The coolest thing was that everyone recognized his name. We never had to repeat ourselves or correct them, and it just sounds great spoken with an Irish accent. He even got a few cute little nicknames like Tadhgy, and Tadhgeen. The second means "little Tadhg". Tim used to call him that when he was first born - so cute! We were even able to find a personalized toy truck with his name on it!
We had a great time with the cousins and other family, the reunion was really nice.
He did pretty well on the trip home, too. He screamed for about thirty minutes at the beginning of the trip, but after the Benydryl he zonked out for about 3 hours! He went to bed early last night, and was up at 4:30 am! Tim and I were glad we went to sleep at 7:30 pm! So we're all just readjusting and getting excited about the new house!
The termite inspection turned out great and we settle tomorrow! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Selina said...

Keep up the good work.