Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Last Babies

It's so interesting the things I think about while trying to fall asleep. I mean really, you'd think I would be out as soon as my head hit the pillow! Maybe it's the fact that lately I've had a fussy baby in my arms as I try to catch a catnap as she falls asleep enough to move her back to her room, but I digress. I was thinking about a comment I've heard from many mommy friends when they have decided that their family is complete. They talk about relishing this tiny baby as it is the last one they will have. Relishing includes rocking, feeding, and just general cuddles. I'm envious of this ability to relish this time in the above mentioned ways. I realize that I just can't cuddle two at a time in the same way. There are four eyes to stare into, instead of two (it makes it really difficult to make eye contact at the same time). Granted I do get a little time when I'm nursing them or they or needing to be in my arms to fall asleep. But I mostly find myself just wanting them to fall aleep already so I can catch some rest! When you read emails from fellow multiple moms asking when it gets easier the responses go on about how much easier it is around 4-5 months, basically because they are needing less of that one-on-one attention. So yet again I fear I am just wishing away the last moments I will have to cuddle my last little babies.

No comments: