Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet Singing

Tadhg and I have been taking Music Together classes since he was nine months old. He always seemed to respond to music from birth, so naturally I thought he would enjoy music classes. He started out swaying and "dancing" to his music. He then moved on to playing instruments, to chanting or just speaking the words of songs, he would finish a line of a song if I started it. We had to take a brief hiatus from class while I was pregnant and I was anxious to get back. We started last week and the new music collection is lots of fun. It includes some classics like "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "My Bonny Lies Over the Ocean". Well, I was awakened by the sweetest sound this morning, my little guy singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider"! He was singing with great pitch and sang the words so clearly! It was so cool and exactly what I've been waiting for for the last year and a half. He gets very shy if you ask him to perform though, so I'll have to listen for those moments when he thinks no one is listening! Trying to catch that on tape should be interesting!

No comments: