Saturday, September 26, 2009

Getting Fit at Home

So, we are going to have a little extra money here in a few weeks if all goes well. So, there's been some discussion about things we would like to purchase. We talked about a gym membership, but it was just such a waste in the past. We are considering a few things, an elliptical, a spinning bike, or the Wii Fit. I love getting out to walk the three mornings that I do it, but there's four other days of the week and I want to get moving on those days, too. We came to the realization that we would rather just get our workouts done, or at least started in the time it would take to drive to and from the gym (30 min. round trip). I know gyms offer so many different classes and such, but we were so bad about taking advantage of that in the past. Plus, I just know I would be too paranoid during flu season to have the kiddos in the daycare with all the other germy little people. So, I think we just need to come to an agreement on what we both would like to have. I vote for an elliptical and the Wii Fit to really keep things interesting.

1 comment:

Suz and Joe said...

We have the Wii Fit - it is more fun than exercise. But once you have the wii fit with balance board you can get so many other wii games that push you exercise wise. I highly recommend wii active but you need to order the wii motion (i think that's what it is called) to hook onto the remote. You can play without it but it is very difficult because it does not always recognize your moves. I did 30 minutes on this and could not move the next day - I recommend a light workout. I did not do the light workout! They have lots of other games too for it.