Sunday, July 13, 2008

No Instant Miracle

There was no miracle in my house last night! We got the blankets washed them and started using them right away. They are super easy to use and you definately get them swaddled and they can't get out. However, we still had a problem with them trying to get out. This led to much grunting and frustrated screams. We kept them in there figuring they will eventually just give up. That didn't happen last night, but hopefully in a few days. The package did mention that babies might be fussy when you first start using the blanket but after a week they "will relax at the sight of the blanket" - we'll see...

Of course they are sound asleep as I write this. I have decided to open the blinds, not be so quiet and see if we can get them to have more awake peiods during the day. We need to start helping them tell day from night. The problem with this is that I may not get to nap as much. I'll have to get my helpers to take them downstairs if I really need to sleep and just hope they catch their hunger cues before they are going nuts to eat!

I just keep reminding myself that in a few weeks this will pass.

No comments: